makes TWO regular loaves (or 6 tiny ones)
1/2 cup white sugar
1 Tbs AP flour
1 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbs butter
3 cups AP flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp ground cloves
TWO 15 oz cans of pumpkin puree
1 c vegetable oil
2 c raw or white sugar
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
8 oz (one bar) of cream cheese, sliced the long way
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease pans with cooking spray (either 6 mini loaves, 2 regular loaves, or 3 smaller ones).
- TOPPING: Use a pastry cutter or forks to mash streusel topping into a rough, sandy texture. Set it aside.
- PUMPKIN BREAD: In a large bowl, combine dry goods (minus the sugar), whisk to combine. In a medium bowl combine the sugar and wet ingredients, whisk to combine.
- Pour the wet into the dry and fold together with a big spoon/spatula, stir until just combined but still lumpy.
- Fill greased pans 1/3 of the way.
- Slice and place cream cheese over the batter, leaving room next to and between the slices for batter to seep through.
- Fill the pans another 1/3 of the way up.
- Top with streusel topping, pat it in.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, depending on the size of your pans.
- Let cool on a wire rack and cover overnight with waxed paper.
- Makes a great gift when packaged in a decorated paper bag!