See that photo below, those beautiful cherries are are almost as big as the lime in the background! Yum. This popsicle tasted a lot like store-bought cherry yogurt but less sweet and with a little extra tang from the lime soaked into the cherries. Mmm.
- 1 cup of cherries, pits removed and chopped into bits
- 1 Tbl sugar
- 1 Tbl lime juice
- 7 oz Fage 0% yogurt (one single serving package)
- Chop up your cherries (I cut them into 8ths), removing the pits as you go (if you don’t have a cherry pitter).
- In a bowl, macerate the cherries in the sugar and lime juice for at least 30 minutes, but no more than an hour.
- Combine the yogurt with the soupy cherry mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into your favorite popsicle molds, using a chopstick to knock out as many bubbles as possible, insert popsicle sticks or the handles that go with your mold before freezing.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.
- To remove your popsicles from the mold, place the mold in a glass of room temperature water for about 3 minutes to soften the edges and make it easier to remove the popsicle from the mold.
Nutritional Info: 3-4 servings, depending on your popsicle mold size. 1 WW PointsPlus each.